Composition: Advanced TiCN-Al2O3-CVD coating combined with a cobalt-enriched carbide substrate, this grade offers a balanced combination of deformation resistance and edge toughness.
Application: KCPK10 offers outstanding abrasion and crater wear resistance for high-speed machining of steels and cast irons. Use for very high cutting speeds with low to medium feed rates.
Composition: An advanced PVD grade with hard AlTiN coating and fine-grain unalloyed substrate. The new and improved coating improves edge stability with wide range speed and feed capabilities.
Application: The KCU25 grade is ideal for general machining of most steels, stainless steels, high-temp alloys, titanium, irons, and non-ferrous materials in a wide range of speeds and feeds with improved edge toughness for interrupted cut and high feed rates.
Composition: Multilayered TiN-TiAlN-PVD coating and a tough substrate, that withstands interruptions and provides high wear resistance for long tool life.
Application: KCU40 is the first choice for high reliability in most materials. This grade should be used at medium speeds and high feeds due to sharper edges. KCU40 covers steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and high-temperature alloys for high toughness applications under certain conditions.
• TiCN-TiN-PVD-coated alloyed carbide.
• Tough substrate containing 11% cobalt.
• Ideal for general machining of alloy steel, low- and medium-carbon steel, tool steels, and 400 series stainless steels.
• TiAlN-PVD-coated universal fine-grain grade.
• Highest level of wear resistance resulting in higher cutting speeds.
• More wear resistant than TiN-PVD grades.
• Particularly suitable for alloyed steel and cast iron.
• TiAlN-PVD-coated fine-grain carbide.
• High level of wear resistance and tough structure.
• Highest level of process safety for stainless steel, cast iron materials, non-ferrous materials, super-alloys and titanium.
• TiN-PVD-coated carbide.
• Particularly high-impact strength grade.
• For all steels, stainless steels, super-alloys, and titanium.
• First choice for difficult conditions such as interrupted cutting, unstable clamping, etc.
KMF is an uncoated carbide grade, fine grained substrate for machining of high-temperature alloys and non-ferrous materials.
Composition: PVD TiN-coated grade with a sub-micron grain, straight carbide
substrate containing 9.5% cobalt.
Application: General purpose grade for drilling, countersinking, and counterboring
operations in most steels, cast irons, and heat-resistant alloys. Good balance of
toughness and wear resistance to provide all-around reliability.
Composition: A multimodal PCD grade with a range of grain sizes brazed onto a carbide substrate.
Application: Engineered for extreme abrasion resistance, combined with good edge strength for demanding applications. An ideal choice for high-silicon aluminium alloys, bi-metallic (AL/GCI) materials, MMC, carbon-fibre reinforced plastics, and other abrasive non-metallic materials.