In the following, we provide you with information on how we, Kennametal and WIDIA, (hereinafter “us” or “we” or “Controller”) handle your personal data when you use our websites, contact forms, newsletters, web shops, chat tools, or request for information.
Kennametal Inc. including all its subsidiaries
1600 Technology Way
Latrobe, PA 15650, USA
II. Purposes and Legal Basis of the Data Processing
If you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, the legal basis for the data processing is your freely given consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
For the processing of personal data for the purposes of concluding or fulfilling a contract with you, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR is the legal basis.
Insofar as the processing of your personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of our legal obligations (e.g. for the storage of data), we are obliged to process your personal data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR
In addition, we process your personal data for the purposes of safeguarding our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The maintenance of the functionality of our IT systems, but also the marketing of our products and services and the legally required documentation of business contacts are such legitimate interests.
1. Processing of personal data when visiting our website and using our website services
When you call up our websites, your browser will transfer certain data to our web server. This is done for technical reasons and is required to make the requested information available to you. To facilitate your access to the websites, the following data are collected, briefly stored and used:
· IP address
· Date and time of access
· Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
· Content of request (specific site)
· Status of access/HTTP status code
· Transferred volume of data
· Website requesting access
· Browser, language settings, version of browser software operating system and surface
From Registration -
· First Name
· Last Name
· Phone Number
· Address (for B2B accounts)
Via Adobe Analytics -
· IP address – Adobe captures this and uses it to determine geolocation data such as Country, State/Province, City, and Zip Code
· Device data – mobile vs desktop vs other device types, operating system, and version
· Browser data – browser, browser type (company e.g. Google), height, width
· Experience Cloud Visitor ID – unique identifier set for each visitor to the site, for each device/browser combination they visit the site on
· User ID – we capture the hashed user ID of users that login on the sites
o The hashed user ID is generated by backend and stored as part of a user’s profile data in a table; it is made available to the data layer and thus the Analytics to capture when user’s login
· Order ID – we capture the order number of orders placed on the website
· Purchase ID – this is an analytics variable, in which we also capture the same value as the custom variable Order ID
o This is used to ensure orders (and associated revenue/unit values) are not duplicated in the analytics
· Lead Form ID – we capture a uniquely generated ID whenever a lead form is submitted
Moreover, to protect our legitimate interests, we will store such data for a limited period of time in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers.
We are allowed to process your personal data pursuant to Art. 6(1) (b) and (f) GDPR. 1
Our websites use “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your terminal via your browser. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet site more user-friendly and effective overall.
In view of the importance of data privacy, and our obligations of transparency, we provide information below about cookies, how we use them on our websites and what options you have if, despite the benefits they bring, you prefer to disable them. We will assume you agree to accept the cookies that we use on our websites if you do not disable or opt out of them as described below.
When trying to understand cookies, and how to control them, it can help to know some terminology:
· Cookies installed on your device by the organization running the websites you are visiting are known as “first party” cookies.
· Cookies installed on your device via the websites you are visiting by another organization are termed “third party” cookies. An example is a cookie set by a specialist website analytics company that provides the website owner with data on the numbers of people visiting its website.
· So-called “persistent cookies” remain on your device even after you close your internet browser. They are activated each time you visit the website that created that particular cookie. For example, where a "persistent cookie" is used on a website to remember your login details, you will not need to enter those details each time you visit that website.
· “Session cookies”, by contrast, are temporary and are typically used to enable a website to operate, e.g. by permitting a user to move from page to page without having to log in again. Once you close your browser, all session cookies are deleted.
· "Flash cookies" are installed from websites that contain media (e.g. video clips). This requires specific software. This allows content to be downloaded and information to be stored faster, e.g. that the content has been accessed from your device.
1.1.2 Cookies we use
To enhance user experience, our websites use ‘persistent’ and ‘session’ cookies for the purposes described below. These cookies are generally “first party” cookies but may also be “third party” cookies.
(1) Website functionality
Cookies that are essential for our websites to function technically or which provide a service or option that you have requested. For example, a cookie that “remembers” your authentication details so you can remain logged in to a secure site, or a cookie that remembers the country or language you have selected.
(2) Website performance analysis
Cookies that help us improve our websites by providing us with aggregate statistics on how many users visit, which parts of the site are viewed the most, and the city or regional location of those users. These may be installed by a third party analytics provider under a contract with us.
(3) Tracking and Targeting Cookies
1.1.3 How to control cookies – Opt Out
We store this data until the end of the term of a respective cookie or until you delete the cookies.
Further processing of personal data by means of cookies can be found in the relevant sections of this information.
1.2 Web Analytics & Marketing
(1) We use the Microsoft Ads (formerly Bing Ads) online marketing service provided by Microsoft to display search advertisements and to track when a visitor has accessed our website via a Microsoft ad. If you click on a Microsoft ad, Microsoft Ads stores a conversion tracking cookie on your device. These cookies are only used to track the number of users who click the Microsoft ad and are forwarded to the target page (conversion page). No personal information about the identity of the user is disclosed.
1.2.2 Google Analytics Remarketing
(1) Our websites use the functions of Google Analytics Remarketing in conjunction with the cross-device functions of Google Ads (see sections 1.2.4). The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
(2) This function makes it possible to link the advertising target groups created with Google Analytics Remarketing with the cross-device functions of Google Ads. In this way, interest-related, personalized advertising messages that have been adapted to you depending on your previous usage and surfing behavior on a terminal device (e.g. mobile phone) can also be displayed on another of your end devices (e.g. tablet or PC).
(3) If you have given your consent, Google will link your web and app browsing history to your Google Account for this purpose. This way, the same personalized advertising messages can be delivered to every device you sign in to with your Google Account. To support this feature, Google Analytics collects Google authenticated user IDs that are temporarily linked to our Google Analytics data to define and create target groups for cross-device advertising.
You can permanently object to cross-device remarketing/targeting by disabling personalized advertising in your Google Account by following this link: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb
(4) The summary of the data collected in your Google Account is exclusively based on your consent, which you can submit or withdraw to Google. For data collection operations that are not aggregated in your Google Account (e.g. because you do not have a Google Account or have opposed the aggregation), the collection of data is based on our legitimate interest to analyze the website visitors for advertising purposes.
(5) This website uses the "demographic features" function of Google Analytics. This allows reports to be created that contain information on the age, gender, and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-related advertising by Google and from visitor data from third-party providers. This data cannot be assigned to a specific person. You can disable this feature at any time from the display settings in your Google Account or opt-out of the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in section 1.2.1. (3).
1.2.3 Google Ads
(1) Our websites use the Google Ads service. Google Ads is an online advertising program from Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). We use the remarketing function within the Google Ads service. The remarketing function enables us to present advertisements based on their interests to users of our website on other websites within the Google display network (on Google itself, so-called "Google ads" or on other websites). For this purpose, the interaction of users on our website is analyzed, e.g. which offers the user was interested in, in order to be able to display targeted advertising to users even after visiting our website on other pages. To do this, Google stores a number in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites on the Google Display Network. This number, known as a "cookie", is used to record the visits of these users. This number is used to uniquely identify a web browser on a particular computer and not to identify a person.
(3) Furthermore, we use the so-called Conversion Tracking when using the Google Ads service. When you click on an advertisement served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer or device. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and will only be used for personal identification. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking.
(5) We process your personal data based on your consent or our legitimate interest in playing off product recommendations and carrying out marketing measures.
1.2.4 Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch
(1) We use the web analysis service Adobe Analytics. Adobe Analytics is a tool offered by Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA. We use this tool to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website.
(3) We process your personal data based on our legitimate interest to improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(4) Cookies are stored on your computer for this evaluation. The information collected in this way is stored on servers, also in the USA. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use this website in its entirety. You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser or by clicking on the "Logout" button at http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html
1.2.5 Adobe Target
(1) To provide a demand-oriented website design we collect and process with the help of analysis cookies usage data about your user behavior on our website. The collection of your usage data and the creation of a user profile are done pseudonymously by using a cookie ID.
(2) For this reason, we use the Adobe Target service of Adobe Systems Software, Ireland Ltd, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Park, Dublin 24, Ireland ("Adobe") to collect your usage data and create your usage profiles.
(3) Adobe Target works on the basis of A/B tests. This means that the user of our website will see a different version of the website (e.g. with different design and content) than the original version of the website. The comparison of both variants gives us information about the presentation preferred by the users of our website. When using Adobe Test & Target, only information about you is processed that does not allow you to be identified. IP anonymization is also enabled, so your IP address is shortened before further processing by Adobe Test & Target is executed. We do not merge the resulting user profiles with your name or other information that reveals your identity, such as your e-mail address.
(4) The usage data is stored by the service used for a maximum period of 24 months from time of collection.
Information about Adobe Test & Target's cookies and your opt-out options can be found at the following link: http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html
1.2.6 Click Dimensions
We use Click Dimensions. This is a marketing toolkit of the provider Click Dimensions LLC that supports Microsoft Dynamics 365. We use this toolkit to improve our newsletter dispatch and personalize the newsletter, so that you receive more information on themes you are really interested in.
We process your personal data based on your consent or our legitimate interest to improve and individualize the newsletter and to increase our sales rate. You will only receive a newsletter if you have given prior consent.
Oktopost cookie allows us to track users’ activities, which originate from their social interactions. The content of Oktopost cookie is limited only to identifying the links in social posts that a user has clicked on. In addition, if a user fills a tracked form on the website (e.g. registration form), the user’s basic contact details, which may include personally identifiable information, will be added to the Oktopost cookie in order to create a profile of user’s social interactions. This information is used by us for internal analytics and to provide users with personalized content, offers or promotions. You can learn more about Oktopost here: https://www.oktopost.com/ Please note that users may remove this cookie by following the instructions of their web browser.
Tracking cookies are used to record interaction with the okt.to links and web-forms.
(1) We use Qualtrics to show banners & popups (known as “Creatives”) on our websites to provide informational messaging to site visitors, as well as to run surveys that collect various information & response data from site visitors concerning their website experiences and opinions of Kennametal Inc. for the purpose of improving our digital customer experience.
(2) Depending on survey settings, information including IP address and geolocation (estimated geo-coordinates), as well as device and browser meta data are collected when users respond to surveys offered on our websites.
(3) Additional information from Adobe Analytics can be / is also passed to and saved as “Embedded Data” as part of web survey responses.
(5) Qualtrics places cookies on site visitors’ browsers for the purposes of identifying site visitors that have:
· Previously been shown a “Site Intercept”
· Previously responded to a survey
(6) Qualtrics is an ISO 27001, FEDRAMP, HITRUST, and SOC2 Type 2 security certified platform - https://www.qualtrics.com/platform/security/
In order to trigger post-purchase review solicitation emails, we use PowerReviews checkout beacon to collect customer order information. This information is necessary in order for PowerReviews to send out emails on our behalf to request customer reviews for products they have purchased.
1.3 Links to social media websites
On our websites you will find links to social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. These are not social plugins provided by the social media provider, which already transfer data to the provider when the page is loaded without the users having any influence. Behind the buttons to the social media networks there is only a link to the social media network including the transfer of the website to be shared. No user data is transmitted from the website to the social media network. If you are already logged in to the relevant social media service at the time you click the button, the sharing dialog will detect this so that you can share the content directly. If this is not the case, you will be asked to log in to the social media network. From this point on you will be on the website of the respective social media network. Information on data processing of the respective providers can be found below.
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; Facebook Ireland Ltd 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, D2 Dublin; Ireland (“Facebook”) http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
1.4 Integration of YouTube Videos, Google Maps, AddThis Bookmarking, Adobe Typekit
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our websites, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our websites. The videos are all integrated in the "extended data protection mode". That means no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting our websites, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under section II. 1. of this notice will be transferred. Regardless, whether YouTube provides a[MD1] user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for unlogged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
1.4.2 Google Maps
(1) On our websites, we use Google Maps. Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, operates it. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the websites and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By visiting our websites, Google receives the information that you have called up the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in section II.1. of this notice will be transmitted. This is regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in with or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before interacting with and/or searching on Google Maps on our websites. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for unlogged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our websites. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
1.4.3 AddThis Bookmarking
(1) Our websites use the bookmarking service AddThis, operated by AddThis, Inc. (“AddThis”), 1595 Spring Hill Road, Suite 300 Vienna, VA 22182, USA. Our websites also contain AddThis plugins. These plugins allow you to bookmark or share interesting content with other users. Through these plugins, we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
AddThis provides tools for designing websites, which make it easier for you to share the site you are currently visiting with other internet users via email or social networks. If you open a page of our website containing such a plugin, your browser will automatically connect to the AddThis servers and possibly the selected social network. AddThis transmits the content of the plugin directly to your browser and integrates it into the page. This connection informs AddThis that your browser has requested the respective page of our website. After that AddThis stores a cookie on your device in order to identify your browser. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to an AddThis server in the USA and is stored there.
(2) It is our legitimate interest to offer you the opportunity to share information easily and directly.
(3) If you do not wish to participate in this process, you can object to the collection and storage of data at any time by setting an opt-out cookie with effect for the future: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser to prevent the setting of a cookie.
1.4.4 Typekit by Adobe
(1) We use Adobe Typekit for the visually appealing design of our website. Typekit is a service of Adobe Systems Software Ireland Ltd. 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Republic of Ireland ("Adobe"), which gives us access to the Adobe font library. To integrate the fonts we use, your web browser must connect to an Adobe server in the U.S. and download the font you need. This will inform Adobe that your device's IP address has been used to access our websites.
(2) The data processing is based on our legitimate interest in the visually appealing design of our websites.
2. Contact Form
You can contact us directly via the contact forms available on our Websites. In particular, you may provide us with the following information:
· Name, last name, and title
· Company name
· Address information (city, state, Postal code/ZIP code, street/shipping address)
· Contact data (e.g. e-mail address, phone number, fax)
· Opt-in for marketing information
We collect, process, and use the information provided by you via the contact forms exclusively for the processing of your specific request.
3. Email Requests
You can contact us via email. If you send us an email, we collect, store and process the following data:
· Your name
· Your email address
· Content of your message
The data processing will only take place to the extent necessary for the response of your request and for the correspondence with you.
The collected data is solely used for the purpose of responding to your request. The data collected during the transfer process is necessary to prevent misuse of the functionality and to ensure the security of our systems.
The data will only be stored until we have fully answered your request to your satisfaction and the process has been completed and there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
4. Information Email & Newsletter
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletters, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers and product innovations. The advertised goods and services are named in the consent letter.
For subscription to our newsletters, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. After you have subscribed to a newsletter on our websites, we will send you a message to the indicated email address asking for your confirmation. If you do not confirm your subscription within [24 hours], your information will be locked and will automatically be deleted within a month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address and company name. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for sending you the newsletter.
You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your withdrawal by clicking the UNSUBCRIBE BUTTON provided in each newsletter e-mail, or by sending a message to the email address below.
5. Order-Hotline & Web shop
If you would like to order in our web shops, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you enter your personal data, which we need for the completion of your order. Required information for the execution of the contracts are marked separately, further information is voluntary. We process the data provided by you to process your order. For this purpose, we can pass on your payment data to our bank.
We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment, and order data for a period of ten years. However, after two years we will limit the processing of your data. After two years your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
6. Account Registration
To be able to use our web shop it is necessary to register by creating a user account. You can choose between a Business Account or a Guest Account. If you want to be able to check prices and global availability, create, view, and download orders, quotes, and invoices, track your shipments, and customize your profile the Business Account is the right choice. By creating a Guest Account, you can track your shipments and check out fast and secure.
The following information is mandatory:
· User Name
· Security Question
· First Name
· Last Name
· Product Interest
· Company Name
· Company Address
· Time zone
· Date Format
· Decimal Notations
Additionally, you can provide the following information on a voluntary basis:
· Second Company Name
· Second Address
· Customer Number
· Decimal Notations
The aim is to conclude or execute a contract with you. We will not use the data for any purposes other than those related to the contract or claims arising from the contract.
7. Customer Chat
We offer a customer live chat between 8 am and 6 pm for technical issues. To start the chat, you have to select a Support Group (Tech Support for America in English or Spanish, Tech Support for Europe in English) and enter your name. Furthermore, you can enter you email address and your customer number on a voluntary basis.
The collected data is solely used for responding to your request. The data collected during the transfer process is necessary to prevent misuse of the functionality and to ensure the security of our systems. The data will only be stored until we have fully answered your request to your satisfaction and the process has been completed and there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
8. Recruitment Tool
On our Career website we offer you the opportunity to search all Kennametal worldwide job vacancies. If you are interested in becoming a part of Kennametal and how we use your data during the application procedure, please click https://jobs.kennametal.com/?utm_source=careersite
III. Categories of Recipients
1. Data Transfer for data processing on our behalf
We use specialized service providers to process some of your data. Our service providers are carefully selected and regularly checked by us. They process personal data only on our behalf and strictly in accordance with our instructions based on appropriate contracts for order processing.
We use external IT service providers, in particular, to provide you with our platforms, databases and tools for our products and services (e.g. our website, the sending of newsletters and information e-mails), to create analyses of user behavior on our websites and to play marketing campaigns. The transmission of your personal data takes place for the purpose of contract initiation or execution with you, due to our legitimate interest in improving and promoting our products, and if you have given us your consent for the processing of your personal data based on your consent.
2. Data transfer for the provision of our products and services
In order to provide and perform our products and services, we may transfer your personal data to companies within the Kennametal Group as part of an internal process based on the division of resources. The data transfer is based on our legitimate interest in carrying out internal administrative activities efficiently and on the division of resources and in improving our products and services pursuant or for the fulfilment of a contract with you.
3. Data Transfer due to legal obligation
Beyond that we transfer your personal data only and in so far a legal obligation exists on our part to the passing on, e.g. to the police authorities in the context of criminal investigations or to the data protection supervisory authorities.
4. Processing of data outside the EU/EEA
Some of your data will also be processed in countries outside the European Union ("EU") or the European Economic Area ("EEA"), where a generally lower level of data protection may prevail. In these cases, we ensure, for example through standard contractual clauses with our contractual partners that an adequate level of data protection is guaranteed for your data.
IV. Deletion of your data
The data processed by us will be deleted or its processing restricted unless expressly stated in this document, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory storage obligations. If the data is not deleted because it is necessary for other and legally permissible purposes, its processing is restricted. This means that the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes.
V. Your Rights
1. Rights of the Data Subjects
The following rights are generally available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
· Right of information about your personal data stored by us
· Right to request the correction, deletion, or restricted processing of your personal data
· Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to prove that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims
· Right to data portability
· Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority
· You may at any time with future effect withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and use of your personal data.
For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights or if you have questions with respect to data privacy, please contact our company via the Data Protection email address as follows:
Alternatively, you can send us your request to:
1600 Technology Way
Latrobe, PA 15650, USA
It is important to us to comply with all laws and provisions regarding your data. However, if you believe that by using your data we are in breach of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
VI. Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our websites. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our websites. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible updates.
Last Update: June 2022