- Who We Are
- Who We Hire
- Different Thinking
- Search Jobs
Internships and apprenticeships at Kennametal are hands-on and collaborative.
Kennametal believes that encouraging new talent is a crucial component of our business and we work hard to provide valuable opportunities for interns throughout our organization.
- We’ll give you stretch assignments that challenge you and allow you to contribute in a substantial way to our business.
- We will expose you to many aspects of Kennametal, across departments and locations, to broaden your horizon outside of your specific discipline.
- We’ll try to match you with roles based on your personal interest and capabilities, as well as our needs.
- We’ll prepare for the future, with seminars to help you create your elevator speech and present yourself effectively in an interview.
- We’ll provide team-building activities, along with opportunities to participate in community service.
Our internship and student programs typically consist of a three-month assignment, often during the summer. Depending on your discipline, you will interact with people in a variety of business units at Kennametal. We are diligent about delivering a valuable experience that will challenge you, expose you to many facets of our organization and allow you to contribute in a substantial way.
We recruit for interns who are majoring in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Human Resources
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Systems
- Material Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
Many U.S. internships are at our headquarters in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Additional internships, as well as opportunities for new graduates, may be found at our over 30 plants in the U.S. and our locations in over 60 countries.
Kennametal offers apprenticeships in business, technical and information systems areas at locations in the U.S. and around the world. Each apprenticeship takes 2-3 years and offers a dual education, with a combination of vocational school training and on-the-job learning at Kennametal. You will rotate through different departments within the company and take part in programs at our dedicated training centers. These opportunities are focused on production and create an exceptional opportunity to experience our leadership and establish a strong foundation for your career.