- Who We Are
- Who We Hire
- Different Thinking
- Search Jobs
Drive our innovation in a Kennametal manufacturing career.
Kennametal is always acquiring, applying and evolving technologies within our manufacturing operations. We provide a clean environment and one of the safest places to work. Across the U.S. and around the world, you’ll work with people who share our goals for continuous improvement through Lean and safe operations. And we offer fascinating challenges in many different areas, including production, distribution, machining, maintenance, quality and materials handling.
A wide range of roles
Areas of opportunity within manufacturing include:
- Production and manufacturing: Our safe and quality-focused facilities offer many opportunities, starting with technical roles in product manufacturing. You will help us produce the leading-edge products that we offer to customers around the world. As your career develops, you can choose to stay in a technical position or move into management, engineering, sales or marketing.
- Quality and operational excellence: Our commitment to 100% quality extends throughout the company, from raw materials to customer applications, in support of manufacturing, sales, engineering and customers. You will use your business skills every day and work with different groups as you help customers, participate in product development and assist in maintaining our outstanding reputation. We offer training and certification programs in FMEA, root cause analysis, Six Sigma and other Lean and quality areas.
- Purchasing: Purchasing agents at Kennametal work with a range of products and manufacturing locations to negotiate strategic contracts with key suppliers and achieve cost savings, while ensuring that we meet internal and external performance expectations. Areas of opportunity include direct or indirect materials, resale/custom solutions, supply planning and raw materials. We offer training in areas such as SAP, supplier relationship management and Certified Purchasing Manager certification.
- Supply chain: We’re committed to applying the most efficient and responsible practices to get our products to our customers – and our supply chain professionals manage these challenges for us. As part of this team, you will take an overall role in Kennametal’s supply chain operations, helping us with planning and forecasting, vendor selection, moving, storing and keeping track of product as it flows toward our customer base.
- Logistics: Kennametal’s logistics professionals oversee shipping and transportation, product distribution, warehousing and just-in-time delivery. Their goal is to satisfy customer needs in a way that minimizes costs and increases productivity. You may be asked to develop new techniques for distribution and inventory management or you could help us manage warehouse and distribution procedures, forecasting, customer service and logistics systems.
Search for jobs in production and manufacturing, quality, purchasing, supply chain and logistics.