Specifically for Stainless Steel Applications.
The all-new B21_SGL series solid carbide drills are designed specifi cally for stainless steel applications, offering high performance and long tool life in high-temperature alloys and regular steel, also.
By combining unique Kennametal features, such as the all-new SGL-point-geometry with patented gashing, a unique flute design, and a best-in-class coating into one tool, the B21*SGL drill is the ultimate high-volume production tool.
Features and Benefits
New SGL Point Design
- Improved web thinning and patented gashing, which migrates in a straight cutting edge, enables high cutting parameters (feeds).
- Creates controlled chips, which lead to a reliable performance.
- Improved centring capabilities for better positioning accuracy and improved hole quality.
New KCMS15™ Beyond Grade
- A monolayer PVD AlTiN-coated fi ne-grain carbide with superior surface fi nish.
- First choice for stainless steel and high-temperature resistant materials for longer tool life.
- The coating offers high hardness and excellent abrasive and adhesive wear resistance, as well as enhanced hightemperature properties, increasing its applicability, also, to MQL machining of steel.
Unique Flute Design
- Large chip-fl ute cross-section and small web diameter improve the chip evacuation and the capability to drill deeper holes in diffi cult-to-machine materials.
- The highly-polished surface ensures superior chip evacuation, even when low-pressure coolant is applied.
- Intermediate diameters available as semi-standards.
- Length variations and step drills available as custom solutions.
- High step diameter ratios and very complex step drill geometries are not recommended for austenitic stainless steel.
- Using Kennametal slim line hydraulic chucks is recommended if workpiece contours need to be bypassed.